IGT C1 Proofer
Printability tester to produce colour prints with conventional and UV offset inks.
Type of Product : Offset Proofer
Type of Business :
Printing & Packaging
IGT C1 Printability testers
Dedicated tester to produce colour prints of conventional and UV offset inks. Available in versions with print width of 35, 50 and 70 mm and with multiple prints on one substrate. An adapter is available to print directly on metal cans or tubes or the special version CT1 & CTx3 can print on any diameter of tubes and cans from inner diameter 16 mm up to 68 mm.
The C1 printability testers produce colour strips which are suitable for many purposes, such as:
- Makes colour strips with offset inks with a known ink layer thickness which can be used for many purposes.
- Saves costs because colour tests on the printing presses are no longer necessary.
After the printing force has been applied, the print is made automatically. The printing disc is then lifted automatically, after which the substrate is removed for appraisal and the printing disc is cleaned. It is also possible to print on drink cans: for this purpose they are slid on the impression cylinder, the substrate carrier not being used in this case. The printing force can be set in 19 steps between 100 and 1000 N.
- Measuring colour with colour measuring systems/spectrophotometers e.g. in colour matching
- Visual appraisal
- Density measurements, including establishing colour and density tolerances and determination of coverage, wear resistance, scratch resistance, flexibility, adhesion and gloss, ink transfer (in g/m2), light fastness and resistance to chemicals
- IGT C1 : Makes prints of 35 mm width.
- IGT C1-5 : Makes prints of 50 mm width.
- IGT C1-7 : Makes prints of 70 mm width.
- IGT C1-V : Makes prints of 35 or 50 mm width. Variable speed settings.
- IGT Cx3 : 3x15 mm alongside each other, maximum 35 mm
- IGT CT1 : can print on any diameter of tubes diameter size 63-68 mm2
- IGT CTx3 : 3x15 mm alongside each other, maximum 35 mm
- IGT CG1 : Makes prints of 50 mm width. The lacquer is applied to an engraved printing form with the help of a doctoring system.