Optical sensors (Distance)
Type of Product : Sensors & Image processing
Type of Business :
Automation & Control ,Automotive ,Electronic ,Metal ,Plastic
- Fast and accurate measurement, precise positioning and detection of a wide range of materials
- IO-Link sensors can be operated in IO-Link mode or standard I/O mode
- Our distance sensors cover a wide range of applications:
- Triangulation sensors for near-field applications
- Time-of-flight sensors for long working distances
Distance sensors for all operating ranges
Triangulation for close range
The measurement principle of optical triangulation is suitable for the precise determination of distances at close range. With the help of special receiver optics and a position-sensitive detector (e.g. a photodiode line), the sensor can determine the object distance regardless of its reflectivity (see illustration below). The color and surface properties (e.g. highly reflective) thus have practically no effect on measurement accuracy.
Time-of-flight for long distances
SensoPart uses time-of-flight technology to measure longer distances (up to 250 m). The sensor emits pulsed laser light that is reflected by the target object. The distance to the object is determined by the time taken between emission and reception of the light. The use of pulsed light provides reliable background suppression and very high immunity to ambient light.